Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Illustration Friday - Electricity


The magical glow of the coffee maker light...When the power goes out this is what I miss the most. I don't mind using candles and handwashing dishes-- but if the power is still out by the time I go to bed at night, I get anxious thinking of the next morning with no coffee to wake up to.

(This picture is pretty silly, and was probably not the best use of time to make it. But you know how it is when you get a picture in your head and you have to try it out-- just to see what it will look like? Well, now I know- Mr. Coffee doesn't make for the most dynamic imagery:)

8 comments:

npw said...

I don't think it was a waste of time at all. I really like it along with your choice of color and materials.

Lisa Rivas said...

You have captured the coffee maker with a modern twist.
The muted tones tones mixed with the touch of bright and the texture of the paper conveys the aroma - energy.
Very nice...

Eric Barclay said...

This has a really nice modern feel to it. The colors are awesome. Nice work!

Rui Sousa said...

Really nice job, a great composition!

flossy-p said...

It's so pretty. And perfectly shows how much of a life-saver coffee can be, with those angelic colours, heavenly sparkles, and general light and happy glow.

silvia soler said...

I love it!

Anastasia said...

love your style - so fun!!!

studio lolo said...

I love the pastel polka-dots! They remind me of those candies that come on paper strips. Do they still make those?